Who can resist the sound of sizzling fajitas being carried to your table at your favorite Mexican restaurant? Fixing fajitas at home may not be as much fun but they are easy and just as tasty! I usually use leftover chicken (Ginger-Lime Chicken is my favorite!) but it doesn’t take much more time to cook some chopped chicken in a hot, oiled skillet before you add the veggies. Serve with rice and beans. You can buy rice or corn tortillas but Bella likes to eat her fajita on a plate with a fork.
1 Tbsp Palm Shortening or oil of your choice
2 Onions, sliced
Green Pepper, sliced
Red Pepper, sliced
1 Tbsp Taco Seasoning (Gluten-Free Recipe Here)
1 Tbsp Lime Juice
Salt and Pepper
3-4 cups Cooked Chicken, chopped
- 1 Tbsp Taco Seasoning (Gluten-Free Recipe Here)
- 1 Tbsp Lime Juice (Omit if using Ginger-Lime Chicken)
- Salt and Pepper
- 1/2 cup Water
- Daiya Cheese
- Heat oil in skillet over medium high heat. Add onions. Cook until soft, stirring often.
- Add red and green peppers, taco seasoning, lime juice and salt and pepper to skillet. Cook just until peppers are soft, stirring often.
- Transfer peppers and onions to plate.
- Add remaining ingredients to the skillet. Cook until liquid is almost gone. Serve immediately.
You may also enjoy Taco Potato.
This post is part of Melt in Your Mouth Mondays, Hunk of Meat Monday, Monday Mania, Make a Food”e” Friend, Mingle Monday, Mangia Monday, Sugar Free Sunday, Seasonal Sunday, Nifty Thrifty Sunday, Savory Sunday
Photo Credit: gkdavie