This hearty and creamy soup is quick and easy to throw together. It’s frugal and, best of all, it’s allergen-free! When I first made this soup, I was sure the kids would refuse to eat it. Let’s face it, it’s not typical kid food. It’s not all that pretty and the flavors are bold. To my surprise, all four of the kids loved it. It’s a regular at our house now.
Coconut, Curry, Chicken and Rice Soup
- 1 Tbsp Palm Shortening or oil of your choice
- 1 Medium Onion, diced
- 1-2 lbs uncooked Chicken, cut into bite size pieces OR 2-3 cups chopped leftover chicken
- 3 cups Chicken Stock/Broth (See How to Make Chicken Stock)
- 1 can Coconut Milk
- 2 tsp+ Curry Powder
- 1 tsp Sea Salt (More or less depending on how salty your broth is)
- 1/2 tsp Red Pepper Flakes (You can add more. I’m a wimp!)
- 3 cup Rice, cooked
- Paprika (optional garnishment)
1. Heat oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add onion and chicken and cook until chicken is done.
2. Add chicken stock, coconut milk, curry powder, salt, red pepper flakes and rice. Bring to a boil. Simmer 15 minutes. Enjoy!
This post is part of Gluten Free Wednesdays