This recipe was inspired by a jar of organic apricot preserves I found clearanced at my local grocery store. The jar sat quietly in my pantry until I had a craving for something sweet. I googled a couple of recipes for inspiration and this is what I came up with.
I could not be more happy with the results. It only took a few minutes to make. The chicken was tender and juicy and overflowing with sweet citrus flavor.
Apricot Chicken in the Crockpot
- 2 Medium Onions, peeled and quartered
- 1 Whole Chicken or other chicken parts
- 1 (10oz) jar of Apricot Preserves
- 1 Tbs Tamari Sauce
- 1 Tbs Dijon Mustard
- 1/2 tsp Onion Powder
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/4 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 1/8 tsp Cumin
- Slice onions and place in bottom of crockpot.
- Place chicken on top of onions.
- Combine remaining ingredients and whisk well.
- Pour apricot preserves over chicken.
- Cook on low 8-10 hours or high 4-6 hours or until chicken is tender and falling apart.
- If you desire crispy skin, read how to crisp your crockpot chicken skin here.
You may also enjoy:
- Mojo Chicken in the CrockPot
- Orange, Honey and Cumin Roasted Chicken
- Lemon Herb Roasted Chicken in the CrockPot Recipe
- Rotisserie Chicken in the CrockPot Recipe
- Other Allergen-Free Crock Pot/ Slow Cooker Meals