“Mom, can you make some donuts that I can have?” That is what my baby asked me. My heart melted. Thankfully, I remembered seeing this recipe on Cyble Pascal’s blog. I ordered a couple of donut pans from Amazon and picked up some gluten-free flour mix. This recipe is a bit fussy for my style but when your baby asks for donuts, you make donuts!
Allergy-Friendly Spiced Cake Donuts
- ¼ cup + 2 Tbs Coconut Milk
- ½ tsp Lemon Juice
- 1 cup Gluten-Free Flour Mix
- ¼ tsp Xanthan Gum or Guar Gum
- ½ tsp Baking Soda
- ½ tsp Baking Powder
- ½ tsp Salt
- 1/8th tsp Cinnamon
- 1/8th tsp Nutmeg
- ½ cup Sucanat or Brown Sugar
- ¼ cup Palm Shortening
- ½ tsp Vanilla Extract
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix egg substitute and set aside.
- Combine coconut milk and lemon juice and set aside.
- Combine dry ingredients and whisk well. Cyble suggests spooning the flour mixture into a measuring cup and levelling off so you don’t end up with too much flour.
- Combine remaining shortening, vanilla and egg substitute. Beat 2 minutes or until light and fluffy.
- With the mixer on, sift in 1/3 of the flour mixture and then add 1/2 of the milk mixture. Repeat. Sift in the final 1/3 of the flour mixture and beat until smooth. Do not over mix.
- Spoon mixture into donut pan filling donut holes 7/8 full. Tap the pan against the counter a few times to settle batter into pan.
- Bake 15 minutes until lightly golden. Let cool 5 minutes and transfer to cooling rack.
- Dip the donut in the glaze and let the glaze set. Enjoy!
- ½ cup Powdered Sucanat
- 1-2 Tbs Coconut Milk
- ¼ tsp Vanilla Extract
- Combine all ingredients and mix until smooth.
You may also enjoy Double Chocolate Chip Scones Recipe (Gluten-free, Dairy-Free, Egg-Free) with a nice hot cup of Dairy-Free Pumpkin Spice Latte (Starbucks Copycat!)