This is the dish I get asked to bring to dinners the most. Any type of sausage and green beans will work but my favorites are Polish Sausage and Italian Green Beans. This makes a big pot full!
Nancy’s Green Beans and Sausage
- 1 pound Polish Sausage
- 4 bags of frozen Italian Green Beans
- 3 Tbsp dried Minced Onion
- Garlic Powder
- Salt and Pepper
1. Slice the sausage into bite sized pieces
2. In a large pot, brown sausage over medium high heat. This is the most important step. You want to have lots of brown stuff stuck to the bottom of the pan. The sausage should be almost burnt.
3. While the pan is very hot add 1/2 – 1 cup of cold water. Scrape all the stuff off the bottom of the pan. It will lift off easily in the water.
4. Stir in the green beans. Sprinkle in the seasonings and mix well.
5. Cover and cook on medium low until beans are tender.