Who can resist a recipe with “Mojo” in it’s name? I found this flavorful Mojo chicken recipe at Run DMT and had to try it. I’ve tweaked the recipe for the slow cooker and added some veggies to complete the meal. Cooking the whole chicken in the slow cooker guarantees it’s going to be juicy, plus you don’t have to worry about the chicken drying out or burning. You can still have crispy skin by following the direction here. I hope you’ll try this chicken with pizaaz!
Mojo Chicken in the Crockpot
- Onions and Potatoes, chopped into large pieces (Optional)
- Juice of two Limes or 1/4 cup bottled Lime Juice
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 tsp Cumin
- 2 tsp Oregano
- 6 cloves Garlic, minced or 2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- ½ tsp Black Pepper
- ¼ tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- Salt and Pepper
- Green Beans, frozen (Optional)
- Cover the bottom of the crock with potatoes and onions. Place the whole chicken on top.
- In a small bowl, whisk remaining ingredients (except the green beans!) until well blended.
- Give your chicken a full body massage using the marinade. Separate the skin from the breast and massage the breasts under the skin. Pour any remaining marinade into the cavity of the chicken. Stuff your squeezed lime in the cavity of the chicken.
- Salt and pepper the chicken and cook on low 6-8 hours or until tender.
- An hour or two before you are ready to eat, add the green beans. You can add them at the beginning if you don’t mind them being very soft.
- Toast the skin in the oven following the directions in How to Have Crispy Skin in the Crockpot.
Here are some of my favorite crockpot whole chicken recipes for the crockpot:
- Rotisserie Chicken in the CrockPot Recipe
- Lemon Herb Roasted Chicken in the CrockPot Recipe
- Orange, Honey and Cumin Roasted Chicken (OK, so this one isn’t a crockpot recipe, but next time I make it it’s going to be in the crockpot!)