A few weeks ago Enjoy Life Foods sent me a package of their Enjoy Life Semi-Sweet Chocolate Mega Chunks to review. I decided to try the mega chunks in my favorite Double Chocolate Chip Muffin recipe. As I expected, they were awesome!
These Double Chocolate Oat Muffins are moist and sweet but not too sweet. The kids enjoy these for breakfast or an afternoon snack.
A note to Enjoy Life Foods: Feel free to send us more chocolate!
Double Chocolate Chunk Oat Muffins (Gluten-Free, Vegan)
Makes 6 muffins
- 3/4 cup GF Oat Flour (How to make oat flour in a blender here)
- 1/3 Unsweetened Cocoa
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 cup Unsweetened Applesauce
- 1 tsp Oil (I use olive or melted palm shortening)
- 1/2 cup Sweetener (I use sucanat)
- 3/4 cup Enjoy Life Semi-Sweet Chocolate Mega Chunks or 1/2 cup Enjoy Life Foods Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Grease 6 muffin cups. Preheat oven to 350.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine first 5 ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, combine applesauce, oil and sweetener.
- Add oat mixture to applesauce mixture and mix well.
- Stir in chocolate chunks.
- Spoon evenly into muffin cups and bake 20-22 minutes. Muffins are done when the tops are firm to the touch.
This recipe was adapted from Mariska’s Joyful Heart Fudge Chip Muffins.
You may also enjoy:
- Banana Chocolate Chip Oat Muffins
- Two Ingredient Pumpkin Bread with Apple Cider Glaze
- Double Chocolate Chip Scones Recipe