I was feeling a little under the weather this weekend. When lunchtime sneaked up on me, I needed to fix something simple. I found a package of ground beef in the fridge and sprouting potatoes in the pantry. Ground beef hash it was.
Ground beef hash is a frugal, kid and allergy friendly meal can be thrown together quickly. The secret to good hash is to season it liberally, otherwise it can be rather bland.
Some of the kids topped their ground beef hash with cheese and some of them topped it with ketchup. Three out of four of them had two helpings.
Ground Beef and Potato Hash
- 1 lb Ground Beef
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 4-5 Potatoes, diced
- Salt and Pepper
- Garlic Powder
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion until beef is done and onion is translucent.
- Remove beef and onions from the skillet and add potatoes.
- Liberally season potatoes with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Brown the potatoes on medium high heat. Once the potatoes are brown, add water to the bottom of the pan and cook until potatoes are soft, adding water as needed.
- Transfer ground beef and onions back into the pan and cook until heated through.
You may also enjoy: