Welcome to the final recipe in our Simple Sides series. I hope you have enjoyed this series as much as I have. So far we’ve had some Beautiful Tomato & Basil Bruschetta, Refreshing Melon Citrus Salad and a lovely Mango Summer Salad.
This week I offer you this Fresh Summer Corn Salad…
This recipe can be made year round using frozen corn and tomatoes from the supermarket but it really shines with fresh in season produce from your garden or local farmer’s market.
Is there anything that says summer more than fresh corn on the cob and homegrown tomatoes? Throw in some chopped bell pepper, onion and cilantro and toss them with a simple dressing made of lime juice and olive oil and you have a delightful summer side dish with a zing.
Fresh Summer Corn Salad
- 8 ears of Sweet Corn cut off the cob or 4 cups of Frozen Corn, thawed
- 1 Large Red Pepper, chopped
- 1 Red or Vidalia Onion, chopped
- 25 Cherry or Grape Tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1/3 cup Cilantro, chopped
- 1/3 cup Lime Juice
- 1/3 cup Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper
- Avocado, chopped
- 15 oz Black Beans, rinsed
- 2-4 Tbsp Gluten-Free Taco Seasoning
- Cut the corn off the cob. The easiest and mess free way to do this is to stick the cob it in the center of a bundt pan and cut away.
- In a large bowl, gently combine all the produce (corn, pepper, onion, tomatoes, and cilantro).
- In a small bowl, whisk the lime and olive oil together.
- Liberally salt and pepper the corn mixture and add the dressing to the salad. Toss gently and chill.